Terms and conditions.
Please read through our Terms and Conditions carefully, by placing an order with Loubear and Tops you are agreeing to the terms and conditions as set out below.
If you have any queries relating to these terms and conditions, please contact us.
Loubear and Tops is the Owner (“Owner”) of the equipment listed in the hire schedule. The Hirer (“Hirer”) will hire the equipment specified in the schedule from the Owner according to the terms and conditions in this Agreement.
Our Terms and Conditions of hire cover all aspects of the hire service provided between the Owner and Hirer. Please make sure that you have read and understood them fully as they will form the basis of the hire contract.
We reserve the right to use any photography of the venue for promotional purposes unless otherwise advised by the Hirer or venue owner.
1. The Contract for the hire of goods is between the Owner and the Hirer, not the venue, unless goods are being hired directly by the venue. It is the Hirer’s responsibility to ensure that the venue is clearly instructed so that the Terms and Conditions are met. The Owner will charge the Hirer for any costs due to Terms and Conditions being broken. It is then the responsibility of the Hirer to reclaim any of these costs from the venue, if the venue was at fault.
2. We reserve the right to change our Terms and Conditions from time to time without notice to you. Only the latest Terms and Conditions will be applicable to the Hirer at all times.
3. It is the Hirer’s responsibility to be aware of the Terms and Conditions of hire. A copy of the latest Terms and Conditions can be requested at any time by the Hirer.
PRICES AND DAMAGE WAIVERS:
1. Prices quoted normally include a period of 48 hours prior to, and following the date(s) of hire. Subsequent day(s) will be charged at a daily rate unless a prior agreement has been made between the Owner and the Hirer.
2. Prices and availability of goods are subject to change without notice. However, once a deposit is paid, the price quoted will not change. A quote may change up until a deposit is paid to secure the booking.
3. A refundable damage waiver fee will be payable with the final invoice.
4. The refund of the damage waiver fee will be completed no later than 30 days following the end of the hire period. The amount to be refunded will take into account any charges owed due to damage and/or loss of goods.
BOOKINGS AND CANCELLATIONS:
1. A non-refundable 25% deposit (50% for Stationery orders) is required to complete your booking. Bookings will not be confirmed and the corresponding date(s) not reserved until the booking deposit or full amount has been paid.
2. Bookings alterations can be accepted up to 30 days prior to the hire date, depending on availability. Change requests by the Hirer will need to be done so in writing. If acceptable, we will acknowledge the changes to the original booking and issue a revised quotation within seven days. Final quantity requirements must be advised no later than 30 days prior to the event taking place.
3. Final payment is required in full 60 days prior to the event. Please note if final payment is not received within the specified time frame, we will presume that our services are no longer required and the 25% deposit will be retained. We can accept last minute orders depending on availability. Full payment is required at time of booking for orders required within four weeks
4. Cancellations within 30 days of the hire date(s) are non-refundable
5. If we have to cancel a booking due to reasons beyond our control, we will do so in writing or by email, returning any deposits paid.
6. Payments maybe made by Cash, Cheque, Bank Transfer or PayPal.
7. Any charge levied to process your payment will be added to the final invoice.
8. Cancellation charges are as follows:
a) Cancellations at any point after booking: 25% deposit non-refundable.
b) Cancellations made 4-6 weeks prior to an event: 50% of invoice total is payable.
c) Cancellations made 2-4 weeks prior to an event: The Owner reserves the right to charge the full invoice total.
Cancellations due to ill health or bereavement will be reviewed by the Owner and a decision will be taken on an individual basis.
Any money due to the hirer upon cancellation will be paid within 30 days of the cancellation date.
DELIVERY AND COLLECTION:
1. While every effort will be made by the Owner to comply with any reasonable request from the Hirer relating to delivery and collection arrangements, we will not accept liability for claims arising from failure to adhere to these specific instructions. Any delivery or collection time restrictions, stairs or distances longer than 15 metres, should be advised at the time of booking. Deliveries and collections are expected to be made without parking restrictions.
2. It is the Hirer’s responsibility to ensure that they or their representative is present at the date and time(s) agreed to accept the delivery. The Owner will not accept responsibility for delayed or aborted delivery caused by the absence of the Hirer or their representative on the date and time(s) agreed.
3. On delivery, the Hirer or their representative shall inspect the goods and sign the delivery note.
4. In the event of shortage and/or damage, the Hirer or their representative shall endorse the delivery note accordingly at the time of delivery. If the Hirer or his/her representative fails to perform any of his/her obligations under this condition, any goods will be deemed to have been delivered in satisfactory condition.
5. At the end of the hire period, all goods must either be returned by the Hirer, or be available for collection at the pre-arranged delivery/collection address. All deliveries and collections including aborted deliveries and collections will be charged for.
6. The Hirer is responsible for the adequate storage, care and proper usage of all goods and equipment during the hire period. The Hirer must ensure that all goods and equipment are stored in the same area ready for collection. Searching the venue for hired items is not the responsibility of the Owner. If additional time or travel is required to locate or collect missing items, further charges will be incurred.
7. If prior arrangements have been made for the delivery and/or collection of goods and equipment and access is not possible at the agreed time(s), then additional charges will be incurred.
DAMAGE AND BREAKAGES:
1. It is the responsibility of the Hirer to return all items in the supplied (labelled) boxes and containers, breakages may occur if items are incorrectly packaged. Goods will be checked on return to our premises unless otherwise requested. All breakages will be charged at the rates below.
Chair Covers: £4.00 each
Post Box: £150.00
Chair Sash: £0.50 each
Wedding Arch: £75.00
Candy Cart: £250.00
Martini Glass Centre Pieces: £15.00 each Wedding Well: £65.00
Fish Bowl: £15.00 each Hessian Sash: £2.50 each Lace Sash: £1.50 each
Table Cloth: £20.00 each Easel: £50.00 each
Diamanté Cake Stand: £55.00 Wooden Log Slice: £5.00 each
No substitute items will be accepted.
2. The use of coloured candles is not permitted on our table linen; this could result in a full replacement charge being levied if we are unable to remove wax stains. The Owner recommends the use of mirror bases or slip cloths, which are both available to hire. Please note that hessian sashes and runners cannot be washed so any stains, including but not limited to red wine, may result in a full replacement charge being made.
3. Damage including, but not limited to: burns, tears, staples, nails or glue will see a full replacement charge levied.
4. Linen returned in a condition that requires additional stain treatments will be charged at £15.00 per treatment. Please note that normal washing can remove most wine and food stains. Linen should be free of any food or debris prior to repacking.
5. Linen must not be returned damp or wet to avoid mildew staining. Wet linen that is repacked and results in mildew stains will have a full replacement charge levied. Any damp linen should be hung out to air prior to collection.
6. All our equipment and furniture is solely intended to be used and stored indoors. If damage occurs due to items becoming wet or damp, a full replacement charge will be made.
7. The Owner will contact the Hirer within 30 days of the hire period ending to advise of any damage or breakages. The damage waiver, or part thereof, will be retained to cover the cost of any missing items, damage or breakages, in the event that the damage waiver does not cover the cost of the replacement items a separate invoice will be issued.
8. Once the hire period has ended and the Owner is satisfied that the hired items have been returned in a satisfactory condition, the damage waiver will be refunded within 30 days.
1. Should your stationery order arrive and you are unhappy with the quality please contact us in the first instance. Where a reprint or refund is requested then you should return the item(s) at your own cost within 10 days or receipt of the goods, we will inspect the returned item(s) to confirm the issue before proceeding with a reprint or issuing a refund. All refunds and reprints for stationery are at the discretion of the Owner.
2. We offer a free sample service for our invitations so you can judge the design and quality before placing your order. All samples are sent out to the same standard as our completed orders. Our samples are only supplied as an indication of print and material quality. Please note a small charge is made to cover the cost of printing and posting samples, but this will be deducted from the final balance should you proceed with your order.
3. Colours shown in the images displayed on this website and in electronic proofs may vary slightly from the final printed product. While we try to show all stationery products and colours as accurately as possible, we do advise customers to order samples wherever possible before ordering. If you have placed an order without previously ordering a sample, and are unhappy with the standard of the product, we cannot offer a refund.
4. We will send you an electronic proof prior to printing your stationery this is normally within 7 working days from receiving all of your required details, unless we have otherwise specified. You should carefully check all spelling, punctuation, font sizes, paper/card/invite sizes, contact information, dates, venue information and layouts. We require your written confirmation before we will proceed with any printing, your confirmation is taken as acceptance of the accuracy of the supplied electronic proof.
5. When part of a page or paragraph has been changed please check the whole page for accuracy before confirming your acceptance of the changes. The Owner cannot accept liability for changes or errors that have not been notified to us.
6. Every effort is made to display prices accurately. In the event of an error, the Owner will inform the customer of the mistake, so the customer can decide whether to continue with the order at the corrected price or cancel the order.
7. Stationery prices include blank envelopes and printed inserts where applicable, the quantity of inserts will depend on the type of invitation and number ordered, pre-addressed RSVP envelopes are available at an additional cost.
8. All designs and stationery are the copyright of the Owner. Any unauthorised reproduction of our designs or products is strictly prohibited. We take any unauthorised copying or printing of our design work very seriously. Any designs created for you using our bespoke service will remain the copyright of the Owner at all times.
9. Any items that are hand-finished with small attachments, such as ribbons, bows and gems, should be kept out of the reach of young children and animals due to the choking hazard caused by the small detachable parts. We cannot accept any liability for injuries resulting from failure to adhere to this advice.
10. We reserve the right to use photographs and physical copies of any of the personalised stationery items we design and print for use on our website, on social media, in advertising and at exhibitions.
11. Once we have received your 50% deposit we will begin the personalisation process and we will supply electronic proofs for your approval. The remaining balance (of 50%) is required before we are able to start the printing and production process or dispatch any part of your stationery order.
12. You have 3 proofs included free of charge in your order price. If you require major design changes or more than the 3 proofs these will be chargeable at a set fee of £40.
13. As all invitations are bespoke and made to order therefore we cannot issue a replacement unless the item has arrived damaged or faulty. Items incorrectly printed due to proofs not being checked correctly will insure a charge to be replaced as is the buyers responsibility to check all proofs and samples carefully.
14. Due to items being handcrafted availability of materials can change from manufacturer but we will endeavour to offer you an alternative at the same or better quality. However if ordered in batches we cannot guarantee continuity of materials available.
15. Stationery will be produced and delivered within 3 weeks from final approval of pdf proof and payment unless otherwise agreed in writing. It is the buyers responsibility to allow adequate time before their event to receive these items.
1. If goods are not returned at the end of the agreed hire period, the Owner retains the right to charge for:
- The cost of replacement goods to honour any future booking(s).
- An Extended hire period at the item(s) daily rate.
4. Additional collection charge(s).
5. During the period of hire, the Hirer is solely responsible for the hired goods. The Hirer is responsible for the goods from the time the goods are delivered or collected until they are returned to, or collected by the Owner.
6. The Owner will not be liable for incorrect chair cover fitting as a result of any changes made by the venue between the time of booking and the event taking place. The Owner will not be liable for incorrectly booked table lined due to errors in table sizes or table numbers made by the Hirer.
7. We will not be liable for our inability to hire all or part(s) of the booking item(s) as a consequence of a date and/or venue change made by the Hirer.
8. It is the Hirer’s responsibility to notify us as soon as possible of any date and/or venue change. We will endeavour to amend our availability, however extra charge(s) may be applicable in order for us to meet any changes to dates and/or venues. If we cannot provide you with the service as originally contracted, the booking will be cancelled and any monies paid excluding the non- refundable deposit and any special order item(s) will be returned to you.
9. The Owner shall not be responsible for injury or damage to persons or property howsoever sustained, arising from any goods under hire.
10. The Owner will not accept liability for any damage or breakages arising from wilful damage, abnormal usage conditions, alteration or repair of the goods, however caused, during the hire period.
MEETINGS AND VENUE VISITS
Setup and Hire: Included in your price is one complimentary meeting at Loubear and Tops to discuss your requirements, and one meeting approximately 8 weeks before your event to finalise everything. We can also do venue visits at an extra cost of 12.50 per hour (minimum 2 hour charge).
Stationery: Included in your price is one complimentary meeting at Loubear and Tops to discuss your requirements, if you require any further meetings these will be charged at £12.50 per hour (minimum 2 hour charge).
Full planning service is available at £12.50 per hour, please ask for details.